Thank you to everyone who showed up for our events, Sydney Observatory and Coffee & Cakes, and hope you had fun and made heaps of friends ! 🙂
This week we’re organising events– Blue Mountains and Coffee & Cakes (Week9) ! Aslo, we’re inviting you to Unimates AGM 2012 (on Mon 14th May week 10)
[On Sat 5th May 2012, Sydney Observatory]
*Unimates AGM (on Mon 14th May )
One more week to Unimates AGM 2012! Come and vote in the new Committee and vote on changes to the Constitution!
* FREE Food and drinks will be provided at the AGM. * RSVP Here (So we know how much food to order)
* Date: 14th May 2012 (Monday, Week 10)
* Time: 5:00pm to 9:00pm
* Location: Carslaw Lecture Room 452
* Dress Code for Nominees: Smart Casual
It’s time for Unimates Committee 2011/2012 to step down. Are you ready to be part of Unimates Committee 2012/2013?
We are now accepting nominations for the following positions. For in-depth information of what is expected from each position, please take a look at the new Constitution (Click Here).
*Note: Only Unimates members with a valid ACCESS Card can vote on Constitutional changes.
*If you would like further information, please do not hesitate to contact our President, Zareth Lim, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The positions, with the approval of the above constitutional changes, are:
1. President – The Person on the Iron Throne. Oversees all functions and operations of the society and responsible for overall direction of the society.
2. External Vice-President – The Right Hand. Responsible for implementing branding, marketing and sponsorship goals. Oversees the Publicity Team.
3. Internal Vice-President – The Left Hand. Responsible for Society’s events and activities. Oversees the Event Managements Team.
4. Treasurer – Master of Coin. Responsible for society’s finance and make sure we don’t go bankrupt.
5. Secretary – Master of Records. Responsible for society’s administrative issues and maintenance of society’s records and documents. Organized, and moderate typing speed.
6. Public Relations Director – The Headhunter who seeks prospective sponsors and partners for the society, so that members can get discounts/goodies and the society can get more funding.
7. TWO Marketing Directors – Masters of Whisperers. Responsible for creating a cohesive branding to market the Society and its activities to the wider University and local community. Responsible for weekly newsletter. Must be social media addicts. Good with Photoshop and photography a bonus.
8. IT Officer – Quite straightforward. Responsible for the Society’s website and the electronic membership database and any IT-related functions.
9. TWO Student Welfare Officers – The Maesters. 2 students who are responsible for society members’ welfare and work closely with student support services and organizations (e.g. SRC, SUPRA). Also have to create the Sydney Survival Guide and the Society’s Evaluation Form each semester. 1 Male and 1 Female for these positions.
10. Cumberland Rep – Represent and promote Unimates at Cumberland Campus and help facilitate any inter-campus joint events.
11. International House Rep – Represent and promote Unimates at International House and help facilitate networks and joint events between IHMA (International House Members Association) and Unimates.
12. FOUR Event Coordinators – The backbone of the Society. Each Event Coordinator must organize at least 3 week events each Semester. Must be organized and reliable.
13. TWO Coffee and Cakes Coordinators – Feed the stressed, the tired, and the hungry at each C&C session during the week. Baking and cooking skills a bonus. Great for creative and responsible people who can create an awesome atmosphere. Current President and Treasurer were Coffee and Cakes Coordinators previously.
14. THREE Major Event Coordinators – Responsible for organizing awesome mid-semester break trips. Must be organized, reliable and calm and patient (last two very important).
If you love meeting people from all over the world and you are keen on making Unimates the best, and most vibrant and multicultural society, and want International students to have better representation in Univeristy of Sydney, feel free to become part of the team! We welcome you with open arms.
To those who are interested in joining the new Committee, please send in a brief ‘Nomination Statement’ to email@example.com with the following details:
· Intended position(s)
· Reason for running/ any relevant experience
Closing date for email nominations: 14th May 2012, 5pm.
Nominations are still open during the AGM.
1) Only Society members with valid ACCESS Cards are eligible to run and vote in election
2) An individual can nominate him/herself for more than one position (ie: if he/she is unsuccessful in securing election to a postition, they may nominate for subsequently elected positions of the executive).
3) Each member will be entitled to one vote per ballot.
4) All those attending should bring their ACCESS Cards.
Even if you cannot attend on the night you can stand by proxy (in this case, send us a brief 1 minute speech which will be read out from the chair). However, we will NOT be accepting proxy votes. In order to vote for a preferred candidate, you must attend the AGM.
If you have any further questions, please feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Week 9 : Blue Mountains (5th May, Saturday)
Don’t miss the last chance to give yourself a break from load of assignments and readings. The mountain’s breeze, the waterfall’s roar and the forest’s whisper are waiting for you.
DO NOT hesitate! Since we only have 32 seats, on timpay at the payment times to secure your place in the event. We have booked a coach to take us around during the day.
You can bring your own lunch or you can buy BBQ/hotdog at scenic world.
*Wentworth Falls Lookout and Bushwalking connection are the beginning of our journey. Next adventure will start from Echo Point where you can have a great view of Three Sisters. After that, taking a break at Blue Mountain chocolate company. The last stop is Scenic World where we will be taking a steep aerial railway ride. There will be more than enough opportunities to take photos with spectacular scenery!!
7.30 ~ 9:45 Departing (Gathering in front of Fisher Library)
9.45 ~ 11.45: Wentworth Fall Lookout (bushwalking)
11.55 ~ 12.15: MOVE
12.15 ~ 12.40: Echo point look out
12.40 ~ 12.45: MOVE
12.45 ~ 1.00: Blue mountain chocolate company (optional – depends e)
1.00 ~ 1.20: Departing to Scenic world
1.20 ~ 1.50: Lunch
1.50 ~ 2.50: Furber steps and Railway
2.50 ~ 3.50: Trekking
3.50 ~ 4.10: Cableway and departing to Sydney
4.10 ~ 6.00: Arrival
* When : Saturday 12th May (Departing at 7.30 am & Arriving Sydney around 6 pm)
* Meeting place : In front of Fisher library
* You can bring sun block, umbrella, lunch-box and water just in case of poor sky condition.
Access members : $36
Non-access members : $40
(The cost does not include your lunch )
Monday: 1pm – 3 pm Unitmates Office (click here for map)
Tuesday: 11.30 – 1pm Coffee&Cakes
Wed: 2pm – 4pm Unimates Office
If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact one of the event leaders Andy (0452622785) and Tip (0451993776)
**Note** Tickets will be allocated on a first paid –first serve basis, so the earlier to pay the greater chance of getting a place for the event. A confirmation email with all necessary details for the trip will be sent out to those who successfully pay.
Coffee & Cake (Tuesday 11:30 am – 1:00 pm)
Coffee and Cake this semester will be held at 11:30am- 1:00pm on Tuesday on the lawn across Butlin Avenue from the MerewetherBuilding, between Biochemistry and Wentworth Buildings. However, if it rains we will be under the Biochemistry footbridge. The two places are right next to each other so it shouldn’t be difficult to find us on the day!
So come and enjoy some yummy cakes and snacks with us or get your daily fill of coffee or tea between classes, while you meet up with new and old friends from Unimates.
From this semster, cakes and teas are sponsored by Yuga Cafe
*When? Tuesday 11:30 am – 1:00pm
*Where? Biochemistry lawn (small grass areabetween Biochemistry and Wentworth buildings, across Butlin Ave from Merewether).Click herefor the map.
*Cost? Free! 🙂
That’s it for this week!! Hope you all have great week, and looking forward to seeing you at one of our events!
on behalf of Unimates Usyd
e : email@example.com
w : https://usydunimates.wordpress.com/
**If you would like to unsubscribe from the mailing list, please click ‘unsubscribe from this list’ at the bottom of the page OR reply to this email address