Missed the first Hunter Valley Trip? Or maybe you would love to go there again!
Whatever your reason, due to popular demand, we are running a second Hunter Valley Trip!
Taste award-winning wines, wonder through vineyards, see the beautiful Australian countryside, shop at boutique stores and taste gourmet foods at the Hunter Valley! The Hunter Valley is Australia’s oldest and one of the largest wine regions.
Here is our itinerary:
– McGuigan’s Cellars Wine Tastings
– Bimbadgen Estate Wine Tastings
– McWilliams Mount Pleasant Wine Tastings and Winery Tour
(The minimum age is 18, to join our trip)
Access Card: $ 30.00
No Access Card: $ 34.00
* McGuigan’s Cellars offers a 10% discount on purchases and Bimbadgen Estate will refund $5.00 upon purchase of one of their products.
* Wine tastings and transportation are included in the cost.
When? Saturday, 28th August (departing at 7.15 am and returning at around 6pm)
How? Please RSVP here as soon as possible, and then pay at one of the times below to secure your seat! You are welcome to bring your friends too!
1. Monday 1 pm to 2.30 pm: International Students Lounge (4th Floor, Wentworth Building)
2. Tuesday 11.30 am to 1 pm: Coffee and Cakes Location (Biochemistry Building Lawn, corner of Butlin Ave and Maze Crescent)
* Note that places are limited so please pay as soon as possible to secure your seat!
Mid-semester Break Major Event – 3 Days 2 Nights Melbourne Trip!
It’s now time to sign up for our Major Event this semester: a 3-day trip to Melbourne!
Melbourne is a city with a little of everything. At the same time Australia’s cosmopolitan centre of culture and sports, it’s also surrounded by some of Australia’s most famous natural wonders, as well as having nightlife that is the envy of many Sydneysiders. In short, it’s a must see.
What would happen in the trip? Some City highlights, a whole day trip to the Great Ocean Road and free time in the city
When? Monday 27th – Wednesday 29th of September 2010
Cost? Access Card: $200
*includes two nights’ accommodation, airfare and a daytrip down to the Great Ocean Road
How? Please RSVP here as soon as possible, and then come to one of the payment times below to secure your place! Because of the logistics involved in organizing a trip this big, we are only able to take a limited number of people. So be quick and get in early before the places are all gone!
1. Tuesday 24th September 11.30am – 1pm: During Coffee & Cakes (Biochemistry building lawn)
2. Wednesday 25th September 2.30 – 3.45pm: International Student Lounge, level 4 Wentworth building (Please note that this is NOT the office of the ISSU on level 5 of the Jane Foss Russell building. Easy mistake to make ;))
**We will also need to get your FULL NAME (same with the name in your passport) when you do the payment.
* From our survey, most of you wanted a price between $150 and $250. We’re happy to announce that our price will be $200 for access card holders and $225 for non-access card holders. The price of this event will include two nights’ accommodation, airfare and a daytrip down to the Great Ocean Road, one of Australia’s most popular natural landmarks. It goes without saying that if you are planning a trip to Melbourne, this is likely the most affordable way to do it J