Saturday, 27th May! (Raindate = Sunday, 28th May). That’s on the weekend of week 11.
HOW DO WE GET THERE?
Take a cityrail train! We will meet at the waiting area of central station (at the Hungry Jack’s on level 2) at 7:00 am. The train will leave at 7:18am and arrive at Katoomba station at 9:21am. We will also take the train back to Sydney in the afternoon, probably around sunset.
WHAT WILL WE DO THERE?
Hop on the Scenic Cableway & Railway and descend 545 metres into the Jurassic Rainforest. Experience the sights and sounds of the local flora and fauna while bushwalking. See the magnificent Three Sisters!
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?
The initial price was $44 per person, but Unimates members only need to pay $30 per person. This includes:
– $14 return-ticket from Central Station to Katoomba
– $30 for the trolley car and rides on railway and cableway
Please note: Lunch is excluded!!!
WHAT ABOUT FOOD?
We will have lunch at Echo Point. You can also get food along theway at some of the stops, ie. Scenic World (where the cableway/railway is).
THINGS TO NOTE:
– Consider your level of fitness.
– Always carry water!
– Wear sturdy shoes and WARM comfortable clothes. (It will probably be on the chilly side)
– Be sun-smart. Wear a hat and sunscreen
– Bring some money for your lunch and drinks
– Your friends are welcome, but we don’t pay for their tickets
HOW CAN I JOIN?
Come to Coffee&Cakes on Tuesday, ask us more information about the trip and sign up then. Or come and sign up at ISSU any time before 24th May. If you can’t make it down to ISSU, feel free to contact us at email@example.com.
1. 7:00am Meet at Central Station
2. 9:18am Arrive at Katoomba
3. 9:50am Wander around LEURA VILLAGE
4. 11:10am Bushwalk from Gordon falls to Leura cascades via Three Mysteries (bushwalk, 2km, 1hr)
5. 12:15am Kiah Lookout, Honeymoon Lookout, Silvermist Lookout
6. 1:00pm Bushwalk, 1km, 30min. From Echo point to the Three Sisters
7. 1:30pm Have lunch at the Echo Point
8. 2:15pm Bushwalk, 2km, 1.5hr. From Echo Point to Scenic World via Katoomba falls.
9 4:00pm Scenic world. Railway, scenic walkway and cableway. [rides only last a few mins each]
10. 4:45pm Take the trolley back to Katoomba and catch train back to Sydney